Monday, September 12, 2011

Cool Nature Stuff - Colored Ants

After the last post I got an appetite for some nature and the outdoors. We keep deal with our everyday issues and we forget there's a whole world out there much more interesting than who slept with who or fights of our next door neighbor.

So if you don't mind I would like to post some "out of the fluorescent light" posts about cool nature stuff. I'm not going PBS on you so I'll try to really keep it cool.

Check out this now,

Thanks to its transparent abdomen, it is possible to see the color of the ant's last meal. Usually they eat things made of boring colors (including my emergency chocolate)  but look what happens when they are given a rainbow snack:




Cool right?
If the Regular Joe was an ant I'll have a nacho colored stomach all day.
What color would your stomach have?

Sign up to Joe's Feed and for extra cool stuff check out my FB Page or follow on Twitter



BlogCatalog Blogging Fusion Blog Directory